Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Open Legal Process... Note#3 -- Blogger Calendar

The Blogger Calendar uses Java technology -- for the WordPress or Movable Type platforms -- JDBC is also utilized. The application uses a front end Applet and a server side Servlet to provide users with a 100 year calendar and an interface which highlights every day a post has been made to the blog. The Q's Wire... [WordPress Blog] calendar is illustrated below:


I developed the Calendar in September 2004, after searching the net for a calendar for my then 3 month old Business Blog -- QiSoftware -- a Blogger blog. Here are the posts in the BloggerForum that discuss the planned implementation, its release and other notable entries.


What's neat about the Calendar? You can navigate through any month or year, see the dates posts were entered and never refresh the browser page until you click on something you want to see.

Why is this important? The technology is innovative and I have had more than a few inquiries. I can no longer demo the calendar [qisoftware.com offline] -- but many have tested it. My web host supported Java Servlets something I used a great deal of in my programs and tools.

Legal Notes:Spoke with the ACLU, Washington office and Arent, Fox... a law firm also in Washington, today. I have submitted to the ACLU before. I think I have compelling reasons, however I had compelling reasons when I first approached them. I have been everywhere. Law enforcement response - wait. Everyone else... no sorry we have no jurisdiction over that department. Why...

I do not have an over active imagination. Something is very wrong with all the things I have experienced. Why does a broken arm stay broken? Doctors have been healing broken arms with casts for ages. Why wasn't mine? This is not a sympathy scream. It's -- how many awful things must I live through to have someone say -- "maybe something is wrong". Cryptic no... frustrated yes...

I worked hard putting up my new sites. The domain is now offline for reasons I still don't seem to be able to comprehend [I am bright] and I sit trying to figure out where I can go for legal assistance. This -- a license for everyone to kick at once, since it appears I have no legal recourse? NO. Still working the Maryland auto emissions problem. By the way -- I am angry not weepy -- now laughing [after re-reading].

The recent site problems are the latest in a long line of problems. I have been with LunarPages since June 2002 and have never had any problems before now. Even with the issues concerning government contracts. I pay in advance on a yearly basis [part of my pr budget].

How important is the calendar in all of this and does it factor into the recent site problems???

Regina Thomas
QiSoftware...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

October 19, 2005 at
So if you haven't heard already NewsGator acquired NetNewsWire . What does this mean for the RSS reading world? Well, it seems this was only a matter of time for those of us who were really paying attention.
Hi, I was looking around some blogger blogs for some ideas to start my own on property management software
and you have given me some great ideas. Good blog. I will check it out every week. Thanks

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home