Monday, February 27, 2006

Family Background Checks? -- Threats...

Q's Wire is down...

This is going to be long. The local aunt -- lets call her "A". I do not believe she is my aunt, first of all. Two, I believe she and Marvin are siblings. Her husband likes her sandy brown hair... My Aunt Judy was a natural blond. No one has confirmed this. Pat only indicated Marvin was Aunt Judy's.

My niece was named after my mother. We tend to use a nick name when addressing her. I call her little girl. When little girl was about 9 or 10 months some of the relatives were at my mother's visiting. This included; Pat [Marvin's], "A", and my brother and his family.

I was just starting the journey of the Why's. I knew something was up and I felt my family knew there was something up. I thought everyone would be behind my efforts to have the issues with my career worked out. Why wouldn't they? During this time I also called one or two relatives explaining I may be in a long drawn out court battle and did they have anything to hide. In general family behavior was a bit odd.

We were sitting around talking and marveling at little girl's new found ability to walk. "A" looked at "little girl" and using the common nickname said "_______, you had better tell Regina something". The common nick name is similar to my mother's name of course. I would later see this as a threat. Why would my favorite "Aunt" be threatening me in the middle of my career problems -- which had nothing to do with her?

At the time, because so many odd things were happening, and I was in Washington talking to a lot of lawyers, I really thought it was my family's desire to assist without appearing to do so. I thought they thought it was my fight but they wanted to help kind of on the sly. Keep in mind, I knew nothing about family ties, family anger, friends issues, etc. I only knew the pain of my career issues. I would say to a government investigator before leaving the last employer, other than my father's death there has been nothing in my life that has caused me this much pain. My career issues were the only thing I understood at that time, and the personal ramifications of my decision to seek a correction were also causing me a great deal of concern. My whole life was changing and I could do nothing about it. Odd things were happening all over. I thought employer had gone into some sort of character assassin mode with regard to me to protect against my claims of government contract problems [Qui Tam]. I also thought my family members were concerned with being caught in the cross fire. Most of my family were/are employed by the US government in someway shape or form.

If anything, at the time I thought "A's" concern was for her husband's government job. Pat was a secretary/clerk for the secret service.

Of the aunts that visited on a regular basis, "A" was my favorite. She was older, wasn't as loud or as ethnic. I did not understand her marriage, but as long as she understood it was not my marriage, we didn't have any problems.

During this time I also started writing to official Washington with some of my charges. I believed there was at the very least a phone tap.

The third threat issued by "A" and the see you later -- software. The things in life I like are clothes, make up, computers, and software. I spend money on these things.

When A, her husband, and young relative arrived back on the east coast from California they had a problem with their computer. Somehow a jumper switch on the fax-modem card had been changed [they said it worked when the bought it] and the fax-modem would no longer work. I reconfigured the board and it started working. [Today I can't remember if the problem was on the mother board or the fax-modem card]. At the time Microsoft had just come out with Windows 3.1 for workgroups. I was using 3.1 the stand-alone version and liked the way it handled faxes and emails. I bought a copy of Microsoft Windows 3.1 for workgroups so they could use it with their newly reconfigured fax-modem card. I also installed my copy of MS Word. I explained that I loved this software. I had been a WordPerfect for DOS person, but that this software was great and the first WYSIWYG software that I thought truly worked in Windows. I took a lot of screen grabs for programs that I developed to insert into my user's guides. This program let me see how my screen grabs would look on the page. WordPerfect for DOS did not have this feature - I could insert bitmap graphics -- but not see how they would look on a page. I loved MS Word. I wanted everyone to love MS Word. I installed my version on their computer as well as the new operating system I had purchased for them. At the time the software [MS Word] was under a $100.00 and I thought worth it for the user's guides alone. I wanted them to buy it.

My co-workers often lent each other software. That's how I found MS Access. A California co-worker while out on business told me about MS Access [it was brand new then] and gave me his copy to evaluate. I purchased my own copy. I have purchased several releases of this software. I also left my disks with Harvard Graphics the package I used most often. My pubs people did most of my graphics work, but I wrote a lot at home. I would have graphics people provide me disk copies of my graphics [those that weren't my program screen grabs] in a format [wmf/cgm] that would enable me to edit on the fly if I needed to, at night when I wrote.

Compared to most of my co-workers I gave the support staff the least amount of work to do. Give me a spell check, create any lists I need, and let it go [send it out to be readied as a deliverable on a government contract].

Back to family threats -- "A" called to say Uncle had lost his hard-drive and wanted to know if I would give them the operating system [Windows 3.1 for Workgroups] and MS Word again. I thought the phone was live. I had already discussed this issue. I had looked for everything in my life that could cause the chaos I was experiencing. Installing MS Word on their computer was one of the first things I discussed. I did not install Harvard Graphics and a week or so later picked up my disks. I don't know if they were installed or not. This was about 2 or 3 years after I fixed the initial problem with the fax-modem and bought them the OS as a house warming gift. I explained that I purchased the OS as a housewarming gift and no I would not re-install MS Word. Briefly, I thought she wanted to help me find anything that would cause the problems I was experiencing. The problem was I had already addressed that issue.

I don't remember the time line of (1) "My House isn't big enough for Regina and G", (2) ______, you had better tell Regina, something, and (3) Telephone call to have me illegally re-install that software -- sorry, evaluation period over -- dear, these three events happened within the first year or so of my raising the employment issues after leaving the last defense contractor. I began to realize "A" didn't like me.

With the losses I had already sustained it was a mere pebble in the pile of rocks. Plus, I really didn't like her husband. I have not looked back. My mother seems to be upset by this... I am not interested in their lives.

Lets look closer at the _____, you had better tell Regina, something - threat.

I have lived a very sheltered life. At least two people have told me this. In the late 80's I was coming over from VA once [my family also came up around Mother's day on occasion to visit my parents] and there was a Gay Pride March in Washington. I had never seen two men holding hands before. Never. I was stopped on "Constitution Avenue" and two men holding hands crossed the street. I thought this was so "amazing". I arrived at my parents and told my grandmother. I also told her I once saw some prostitutes on Thomas Circle.

I don't know if there are family secrets, but on more than one occasion I felt as if family wanted to "slap the piss out of me". As a matter of fact "Aunt C", the one that I thought liked "driver's Brother" said this to me sometime after my father died. I have looked at whether anyone is gay, or if the Washington issues have tried to infer something else. I make no judgments. From what I can tell, a lot of people can only hope to have the problems of my extended family. I have looked around a lot. A law enforcement person [dark skin female of color] once asked me if I was a prostitute -- [this time frame]. I looked officer in the eye and explained that would be her and her mother. Has the family been hurt by Washington ties? I don't know.

Which family member told me? Not only am I insulted/assaulted by a Fairfax county law enforcement officer [in complaint to Washington] my family wants to take an attitude when they knew I had no idea about the rumors. I repeat -- Which family member told me? Allow me to suggest you find someone else to threaten "A".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home